We are currently seeking an Account Director in our New York Office. The ideal candidate will be ambitious and highly organized, with strong writing skills, and a passion for public relations, social media, and current events. This is a fast-paced role for a creative PR practitioner who delegates effectively, manages projects and time well, demonstrates strong strategic aptitude, sound tactical skills, and senior management potential.
As directed by a supervisor, a Director will:
- Develop, plan, and execute communications strategies that meet and exceed client goals
- Serve as account lead for multiple clients across media, lifestyle, and entertainment brands, including setting public relations goals, spearheading execution, and managing staff
- Create and draft consumer-facing communications materials, including press releases, media alerts, backgrounders, event invites, pitches and other documents; edit writing of junior staff
- Manage multiple projects from ideation to execution
- Supervise junior team members to ensure they have a balanced workload and the information they need to complete tasks on deadline – Edit and approve press lists, status reports, agendas, etc.
- Provide strategic counsel to clients, including during crisis situations
- Write talking points and prep executives for press interviews and speaking engagements
- Research and brainstorm editorial opportunities for clients
- Coordinate logistics of on-air bookings and interviews; serve as liaison between clients and the press
- Establish relationships with print and online reporters, and national and local broadcast producers
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists across print, broadcast and online outlets
- Represent clients at industry events, trade shows, vendor meetings, and other external opportunities as needed